Jan 2, 2012

Review: Great Hexpectations by H.P. Mallory

Great Hexpectations by H.P. Mallory
Dulcie O'Neil #3
Series: Dulcie O'Neil
Dulcie O'Neil #2
Dulcie O'Neil #1
Genre: Mystery, Paranormal, Romance
Released: 31 October 2011 
Buy Links
 

A misunderstanding turned deadly.

A fairy in law enforcement who won't stop until the truth is uncovered.

A vampire who seems to be her ally but appearances can be deceiving.

And a partner who would put his own life on the line to defend hers.

Dulcie O'Neil knows she's at fault for failing to arrest a wanted criminal but when her partner gets pinned for the crime, she'll stop at nothing to ensure his innocence.

What Dulcie isn't planning on is a trip to the infamous Netherworld where chaos rules.

Between battling the affections of a mysterious vampire, protecting herself from monsters and ensuring the innocence of the one man who would die for her, Dulcie's trip to the Netherworld isn't sunshine and strawberry daiquiris.
My Thoughts

I am a big fan H.P. Mallory's writing. I loved her Jolie Wilkins series, I loved the first two books of Dulcie O'Neil as well. I have been eagerly waiting for the third book Great Hexpectations. I really had high hopes for this one. However reading this book I felt oddly connected and sometimes very disconnected with the story. So I have kind of mixed feelings towards it.

I love Dulcie because she is such a kickass heroine but I didn't see any of the things I loved about her return in this book. She grew a pair of wings and I just kind of went blank for awhile. I knew she was a fairy but but ... wings!! She is a fairy so that was unavoidable I guess *sigh* I just missed the Dulcie I grew to love. She did return slightly at the end.

Some things about Knight clears up in this book, which is a relief. Knight's character is pretty much the same. Tall, sexy loki from Nethworld and obsessed with Dulcie. Bram plays a bit bigger part than he did in the other books. Even though this book solved a lot of mystery about Knight it left many more about Bram.

Overall not too bad, just didn't meet my expectations. I would recommend this to the readers who are following Dulcie O'Neil series by H.P. Mallory. Great Hexeptions gave me the closer I was looking for. 

 
Find H.P. Mallory in her  

No comments:

Post a Comment