May 2, 2012

My Book Boyfriend: Manuel Manello

My Book Boyfriend is an weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread  Reader
My Book Boyfriend for this week is Dr Manuel Manello also known as Manny from J.R Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series Lover Unleashed.


Dr. Manuel "Manny" Manello is Chief of Surgery at St. Francis and was Jane Whitcomb's old boss and arguably her closest friend until her ‘death’. In Lover Unleashed after suffering a paralyzing injury while sparring with Wrath, Payne’s life (as well as her mobility) is in jeopardy. When Doc Jane realizes the damage is too great for her to repair, she goes looking for Manny, as he is a world renowned orthopedic Surgeon.


“What?”
“A kiss.” He held up his hands. “Doesn’t have to be all hot and heavy. Just … a kiss.”
When she didn’t reply, he wanted to kick his own ass. And thought seriously of turning himself
in to that brother of hers for the beating he deserved.
“Show me how?” she whispered.



It finally happened, he thought as he burrowed under his shirt and took hold of his heavy cross. All his life he’d wondered why he’d never fallen in love, and now he knew: He’d been waiting for this moment, this woman, this time. The female is mine, he thought.

I went on a Manny hunt but sadly the picks readers recommended just didn't fit for me but when I saw Missie's MBB post for Manny played by Jo Weil. I said, YESS THAT'S THE ONE!!

My other BDB boyfriends
Wrath the blind king
Rhage
Zsadist
Butch O'Neal
Vishous
Phury 
Rehvenge

6 comments:

  1. Right?! Wouldn't Jo be the perfect MANNY!!! Yes! I think so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read about Manny. Ever since he was first introduced I wanted to learn more about him. I'm glad he gets his "own" book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is smpkin hot! As I said to Missie today, you can NEVER go wrong with a Brother! Nice pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does look like the perfect Manny. I'm still a Zsadist girl though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - I seriously need to read this series! He sounds extremely great based on those quotes. And those pictures! Great pick! I am definitely checking this out, like now - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend-8-christopher-merrick.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Manny! I love me some Manny!

    I was so mad that most of his and Payne's book was V! Seriously I was pitching a fit !

    ReplyDelete