Feb 13, 2012

Audiobook Review: The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook

The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook
Narrated by Faye Adele
Series: The Iron Seas #1
The Iron Seas #2
The Iron Seas Novellas
Here There Be Monsters
The Blushing Bounder
Genre: Steam-punk, romance
Publisher: Penguin Audio
Released: 1st November 2011
Length: 13 hrs and 23 minutes
Buy Link
Synopsis From Goodreads  
First in an all-new series where seductive danger and steampunk adventure abound in the gritty world of the Iron Seas.

After the Iron Duke freed England from Horde control, he instantly became a national hero. Now Rhys Trahaearn has built a merchant empire on the power-and fear-of his name. And when a dead body is dropped from an airship onto his doorstep, bringing Detective Inspector Mina Wentworth into his dangerous world, he intends to make her his next possession.

But when Mina uncovers the victim's identity, she stumbles upon a conspiracy that threatens the lives of everyone in England. To save them, Mina and Rhys must race across zombie-infested wastelands and treacherous oceans-and Mina discovers the danger is not only to her countrymen, as she finds herself tempted to give up everything to the Iron Duke.
 My Thoughts After and During Listening: 

Have you ever read a book that you love so much that you had to HAVE it in every format that is out there? I have, there aren't many of them but the few I found I try have them in every format that is available. The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook is one of them. After reading the book on 2011, I fell in love with the story and it's characters immediately. And yes, I have all three formats, paperback, ebook and the audiobook.

I think I say enough times just how much I love this book. The series is another matter. But this book in particular is one of my personal favorite. Meljean is an awesome story teller, there are content in this book that is considered to be not suitable for everyone. Even so this book is worth every penny. I loved listening to The Iron Duke in Faye Adele's voice. Her narration of this time takes you to the world of The Iron Duke with Rhys and Mina. Around chapter 22 to 23 I needed to turn the fan up, if I thought reading about Rhys and Mina's love scene was hot of boy was I mistaken. Listening to Mina and Rhys, dear-god-my-ears-are-bright-red-and-i-don't-mind-dying-from-sheer-embarrassment. 

Finally, recommended to anyone who reads steam-punk romance.

I give this
About this author

Meljean Brook was raised in the middle of the woods, and hid under her blankets at night with fairy tales, comic books, and romances. She left the forest and went on a misguided tour through the world of accounting before focusing on her first loves, reading and writing–and she realized that monsters, superheroes, and happily-ever-afters are easily found between the covers, as well as under them, so she set out to make her own.

Find out more about Meljean Brook from her website / goodreads / blog / facebook / twitter


2 comments:

  1. What a review...loved the line about bright red ears. Must be a sizzling, hot smoking scene or two in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does crazy things like collect a favorite book in every format available! I loved TID, too and I have it on my kindle and on audio. :)

    And yes, listening to the steamy scenes was WOW!

    ReplyDelete