Oct 19, 2011

Review: A Life That Fits by Heather Wardell

Genre: Contemporary, Chik-lit
Released Date: May 30, 2011
My Copy: provided by the author
for reviewing purposes
Buy Links
Book synopsis  from goodreads

Twenty-eight-year-old Andrea returns home from a business trip to find Alex, her boyfriend of fourteen years, nervously waiting for her. Assuming he's finally going to propose, Andrea's instead horrified to learn he's been cheating on her and is leaving to be with the other woman, who he calls Andrea's opposite.

At first Andrea's paralyzed by shock and sadness, but the business analyst soon forms a plan: change every last detail of her life and become her opposite so Alex will come back to her.

It's a challenge at first, but soon Andrea's loving the changes she's making, the new activities she's doing, and the new people in her life. But will she change enough to get Alex back? And if she does, will he fit into the wonderful new life she's creating for herself?

My Thoughts

When I read the synopsis, I knew there can only be one scenarios when I finish. I would love it or hate it. I am thrilled to say it's the former. I love it.

It's not easy letting go of someone, that you love  no matter what period of time you have spent with them. It's harder if it's almost half of your life. So when Andrea takes it upon herself to change herself in order to get back her ex, and I completely get it. 

I loved how Andrea grows into an adult due to actions to revers things. She was brave, sticking to what she wanted to do no matter what was her obstacle. She makes a lot of friends a social life outside her home that she never knew could co-exist. Andrea's willingness to try something new and sometimes adventurous was refreshing.

It took me a while before I could get started after I got the book. But when I started it again yesterday, I just couldn't put it down till I finished. The constant nagging in my head, what will happen in the end? Andrea get Alex back or does she fall for the cute guy in her office.

Heather Wardell brings the wonderful characters from her books to life through her writing and make them feel very realistic. And I am happy to say she is becoming one of my favorite author. 

I give thiiiis

No comments:

Post a Comment