Dec 15, 2010

Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Series: The Hunger Games #1 
Genere:Young Adult, Science Fiction
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Paperback: 384 pages
Released: October 1st 2008
Buy your copy here

Book Synopsis (goodreads)
Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with every one out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against

My Thoughts

To say this book is amazing is an understatement; I don’t have the right words how I feel about this book.

When I first started reading The Hunger Games I was told, let the obsession begin. I didn’t think it will actually happen.

It’s set in the ruins of North America which is known as Panem, a capitol which is surrounded by 12 districts. Every year 24 boys and girls are chosen from these districts to play for their lives on television. Katniss Everdeen from district 12 voluntarily enters The Hunger Games to save her sister. She is sending in to the game with Peeta Mellark.

Both prepared for the game in the capitol, they have to kill each other to survive. Only one will come out of there alive.

Peeta developed a crush on Katniss during their school years, which Katniss is unaware of.  Katniss feels like she owes Peeta because he helped her when she was a little girl. This is NOT a love story. It’s dark angst. Fighting to stay alive. And killing in cold blood is not a easy job.

I cried while reading this book. *actual tears* which rarely happens. Sure I get mushy over ohhh why? But don’t burst into tears in RL. While reading this I did.

It was a slow for me in first twenty pages, but I was told it gets better so I kept reading. I am so glad I listened.

If you haven’t read this book yet, you MUST! Buy a copy get it from your library, you will not regret it.
The Hunger Games is the first book in Hunger Games series. I will be starting the second one soon.

My Review Rating For This Book



Review: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love this book! So emotional and nerve racking! So glad you liked it. ;)

    ReplyDelete