Dec 22, 2010

Review: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Series: The Hunger Games #2
Genere:Young Adult, Science Fiction 
Publisher: Scholastic Press 
Released: September 1, 2009
Buy your copy here

Book Synopsis (goodreads)

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol. Catching Fire maintains the adrenaline rush of Suzanne Collins's series launch.

My Thoughts

This book took me a while to get a hold of. But when I did I couldn't put it down.
This time Katniss and Peeta the victor's of The Hunger Game is now living in Victor Village trying to convince the capitol again that they are indeed lovers.
But that was NOT enough for the precident of Panem. He twists the hunger game rules when it's time for the Quarter Quell dragging both Katniss and Peeta in the arena.
70% of the book is off the arena where Katniss is getting a whiff of a rebel that might be arise, in the mean time trying to come up with a strategy to save Peeta in the arena. That's exactly what Peeta wants as well.

In this book we get to see a lot of development in the districts and get introduced to some new characters.

By now I should choose a team, but I can't. Peeta is the leading boy, I see that. But I have a soft spot for Gale and now even Finnick. But him being a love interest for Katniss, is not likely. So II guess I am just suffering from both team delusion moment. o_O

Let's talk about Katniss some more. Three was one moment, one line that Katniss said would be forever my favorite line from this book.
"But at the moment, I excuse myself from thinking bout even those I love most. I think only of me."

Before I finish, I am curious about one person in particular, Cinna. He is a capitol citizen, he asked to be district twelve's fashion designer and he makes a rebellious statement through  the costumes he makes for Katniss. Now I want to know why what spur this on for him.

Now I finish it saying this book is a must if you a hunger games fan, AND keep the third one close because you'll start it as soon as you finish. I am on third chapter now. =D

My Review Rating For This Book

Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment