Sep 29, 2010

Review : The Iron King


 Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy

Publisher: Harlequin; Original edition (February 1, 2010)
Kindle Edition, 368 pages
Purchased from Amazon
Book Synopsis- (Goodreads)
Meghan Chase has never fit in at her small-town high school, and now, on the eve of her 16th birthday, she discovers why. When her half brother is kidnapped, Meghan is drawn into a fantastical world she never imagined--the world of Faery, where anything you see may try to eat you, and Meghan is the daughter of the summer faery king. Now she will journey into the depths of Faery to face an unknown enemy . . . and beg the help of a winter prince who might as soon kill her as let her touch his icy heart. The Iron King is the first book in the Iron Fey series.
Favorite quote from The Iron King
"Oh, we're playing nice now? Shall we have tea first? Brew up a nice pot of kiss-my-ass?" ~ Puck
My First Review *squeeeeeeeee*

Fairy world isn’t really my kindda thing, but after I started this I actually liked this world.
I started this MAINLY because of Missie’s awesome post on The Iron Fey Character Interviews: Ash & Meghan and with the thought of Ben Barnes as Prince Ash of course, but I was very drawn to Robbie aka Puck.

Meghan is an average teenage girl who has a crush on the school quarterback. And like the jock he is he teams up with some of his friends and humiliates Meghan in fronyt of the whole school. Robbie like the best friend he is trying to prevent it from happening doesn’t succeed.
From there, Megh starts her journey to the fay world for her missing brother Ethan, with her best friend Robbie.
In this new world she finds out about her true self. Meeting a lot of interesting characters and developing feelings for the prince of winter court Prince Ash.
yeah!! I would totally swoon too. *dead*
With Ash’s help Megh and Robbie sets off to find her brother in the Iron Fay’s kingdom. An unheard kingdom to both winter court and the summer court. With no knowledge of this new Fay kingdom they visit an oracle in New Orleans with a very conniving Grim.

I absolutely adore the characters especially Ethan followed by Ash, Meghan and Puck.

Now that I have Ash's visual, I need a Puck as well. 
Hmmm who do you pick to play Robin Goodfellow!!

Kagawa made one awesome world containing dark creatures with darker side of the fay world. I couldn't wait till my monthly book shopping session, so I already ordered the next installment “The Iron Daughter.” Can't wait *squeeee*
Recommended to all, who love Fae and the magical world of fantasy. Amazing plotline, Memorable characters overall a good read.



My rating for this book


No comments:

Post a Comment