Nov 24, 2010

Review : Night Pleasure by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Series: Dark Hunter #1
Genre: Supernatural, Romantic,
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks (October 13, 2002)
Paperback edition 323 pages
Purchase from Amazon
The Dark-Hunters are ancient warriors who have sworn to protect mankind and the fate of the world is in their hands. . .
He is solitude. He is darkness. He is the ruler of the night. Yet Kyrian of Thrace has just woken up handcuffed to his worst nightmare: An accountant. Worse, she's being hunted by one of the most lethal vampires out there. And if Amanda Devereaux goes down, then he does too. But it's not just their lives that are hanging in the balance. Kyrian and Amanda are all that stands between humanity and oblivion. Let's hope they win.


Favorite quotes from this book 
"So, you're like Angel?
You watch way too much television. Angel has a soul. I don't.  
Now you're back to being scary again.
Baby, you ain't seen scary yet."
My Review
Night pleasure is the first book to Dark Hunter series *technically*. Dark Hunter starts of with Fantasy Lover where we see a little mention of Kyrian.
Night Pleasure is about Kyrian and introducing us to a new supernatural world. This book wasn't as exceptional as I found Fantasy Lover to be. But this book is definitely worth checking out.
Kyrian a two thousand year old dark hunter (Vampire) without his soul. He walks this earth to protect human kind from losing their souls. 
Amanda is an accountant with powers beyond her control. With Kirian's help she is trying to keep her family safe and keep herself safe. 
I liked the side characters more than I liked the main ones. Nick is my favorite character from now on. He is a complete sweetheart. 
Tabby is Amanda's identical twin who is geared up as a vampire slayer most nights. I am looking forward to reading about this two more. I here they both have different books. And I can not wait to get my hands on them. TEEHEEE!
But most importantly I am very intrigued by Ash, he is eleven thousand years old and I hear his book is the longest and the most interesting one. And I think will be needing a new piggy bank.


My Review Rating For This Book 


No comments:

Post a Comment