Nov 19, 2010

Review: Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon



Series: Dark Hunter #0
Genre: Supernatural, Romantic,
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks (November 28, 2006) 
Paperback edition 352 pages
Borrowed from library.
You can buy it from Amazon

This book is part of the Dark-Hunter universe, but does not feature any Dark-Hunters, For that it's considered an introduction to the series hence the #0.

Dear Reader, Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day. As a love-slave, I knew everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She, alone, bothered to take me out of the bedroom and into the world. She taught me to love again. But I was not born to know love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace-the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two thousand year old curse? Julian of Macedon


Favorite quote from Fantasy Lover
"Because I have no boobs. My ears stand out, and I have freckles all over me."
"Boobs?"
"Breasts."
"You have very nice breasts."
"Thanks. What about you?"

"I have no breasts. (Julian)"

"Holy green guacamole!"

"Your boyfriend is…well, way buff. Monster buff. Lord, king buff"

My Review

I finished Fantasy Lover in record time FYI. I was so invested in it that I could NOT put this thing down.

This book is oh my gawd! No words. Loved it! It was Intense completely Delicious and had me crying and laughing at the same time.

Dear book where have you been all my life!

Julian of Macedon
, Greek love slave, summoned to take care of woman’s loins for two thousand years. Golden Viking *at least that’s what it said* sex god! *now there are two Viking sex gods I have come across* Julian is trapped inside a scroll for the past two thousand years. He is a fierce warrior of his time feared by all. his oh so conniving deceiving brother decides to trap him in a scroll for all eternity. Born from a goddess of love Julian was deceived from it. He had never known what love is in his two thousand years. That is until he meets Grace.

Grace Alexander, a SEX therapist and she haven’t had any for the past four years. *as Selena says, (Grace’s bestie) this is the Age of Electronics woman, I agree.* let’s move on. Grace is the modern woman who believes in science and logic not magic and love slave. But soon she changes her mind when Julian appears before her after the incarnation she does *forced by her gypsy wannabe friend Selena*. Grace is guarded with her heart. But she finds it hard to not to fall for the ancient warrior.

Talk about laughing your ass off it actually happened to me while I read this. I was laughing and getting hot and bothered at the same time. Sherrilyn Kenyon has given new meaning to doing everything except sex. We go to the shower NAKED. We pared around the house NAKED we read books to each other NAKED!! And still nothing. There were times, when I was going yes, yes, that’s it! And then GAH nothing. It was sexually quite frustrating.

I have never read Greek mythology and have a very little knowledge about them. As far as my knowledge goes it is limited to TV series and the cartoons. So even if there were any false information about Greek gods I would not know. So that being said, the Greek gods are absolutely hilarious and cruel at the same time. Eros aka cupid, is married to Psyche, and they are a biker couple!! I almost peed my pants.

Priapus Julian’s brother the evil one. They have some serious issues. Sibling rivalry!

Grace and Julian’s horniness is above and beyond that kept my toes curling in every five minutes. Grace’s determination to break Julian’s curse was incredible. There were times when I was sure they would give into temptation.

From the beginning to the end I was hooked to this book. The story line, plot progress everything about this book was absolutely amazing. I would love to re read this book.

My Review Rating For This Book

1 comment:

  1. I have this one in my TBR mountain. Great review. I've read a couple of the other Dark-Hunter novels and really liked them too.

    ReplyDelete