Oct 30, 2010

Review: One Foot In The Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: HarperCollins e-books (April 29, 2008)
Kindle Edition 384 pages
Purchased from Amazon

Book Synopsis- (Goodreads) 


You can run from the grave, but you can't hide . . .

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She's still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.

Being around him awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline kick of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head—wanted: dead or half-alive—means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard she tries to keep things professional between them, she'll find that desire lasts forever . . . and that Bones won't let her get away again.

Favorite quote from One Foot in the Grave 
"You know that old saying. Once you go dead, no one's better in bed. - Cat" 

My Review *CONTAINS SPOLERS*

This book is the sequel to Halfway To Grave. It picks up a few years later after Cat has left Bones and now she is leading a few man in a paranormal division and training them how to kill vampires.

I had to go on a three book break before I finally finished this. After the first one I started this immediately which would be almost three weeks ago. I am such a fail whale!! I know.
So after one book I started this again then I actually got the hang of it. Cat’s authority on everything reminded me of Buffy too much and I had to keep my Buffy and cat separate and keep telling myself, Buffy was blond Cat is read head.
Cat has a new boyfriend which of whom we don’t really see too much in here. Bones is of course back and trying to be get back in Cat’s life. NOW I had issues. I love a man who can voice his feelings but in my opinion it makes a quite cookoo *psychopath* if you keep saying you love a girl soooo many times, and in ONE chapter. I will run the other way from that man no matter what.
So without that minor issue I was throughout attached to this one.
Annette *Bones’ child* shows up, I really like her BTW. She has a catfight with Cat and didn’t turn out into something else. I was kindda sad, but then we hardly ever see such good case of tying up or down in the bedroom afterwards, now do we! So hot sex, I am *fans self* down with that.
I was really into the boys on Cat’s team. Tate sounded promising and his feelings for Cat seemingly very intense. Joun was very cheerful and I liked his carefree nature. I am looking forward to read more about them in the next book.
*spoiler*spoiler*spoiler*

Cat finds out a lot about her birth father in this story and in the end she even meets him. But it’s not all blood or tears. It was very very interesting as he reveled allot about Justina Crawfield. And I don’t know why but I kindda believed what he said.

Cat and her team loses a team member in the beginning who we will see at the end being revived back to life of the living umhh dead!!
Ghouls are tricky business, I don’t know how this will turn out for Dave but I am going to read the next book to find out. I am specially intrigued by Justina’s secret being revealed to cat. She has stand up to her mother in this book but I am not sure if she will be able to get the truth out of her……then again Cat’s father isn’t the most truthful person in the world right!

It was an okay book for me. I would not re read this though. But that's just me.

My rating for this book 

Plot wise this book is full of WIN and without my sarcastic mind butting in I would give this a ---

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read. I'm going to have to add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete