Oct 9, 2010

Review : Halfway To Grave

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: HarperCollins e-books (October 30, 2007)
Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Purchased from Amazon

Book Synopsis- (Goodreads)
Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father--the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner--are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her new found status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.
Favorite quote from Halfway To Grave
"Lucifer's bouncing balls, Kitten, not again!"
My Review

I love plot. LOVE THEM. Story starts off with Cat killing Vampires and meeting Bones. Now when I first read Cat in the first chapter I had to put the book down. Girl is pretty naïve. Then I tried again around the time kitten part I was hooked. Every time bones called out Kitten I responded. Lolol.
Story progresses with Bones training Cat. They start their Vampire slaying afterwards which leads them to bigger mystery. Unfolding that Cat finds herself having feeling for Bones a Vampire, who she ‘suppose’ to hate.
Bones…. What can I possibly say Crispin Phillip Arthur Russell III aka Bones!!! He is UNF to the 9th degree. I have a weakness for English accent they make my knees go weak.
Bones confession of love towards Cat was mighty epic.
I am very tough towards the leading ladies in a book, as I try to find myself in them. Not many makes that list of who I like, but Cat definitely does. I loved her.
Cat has some serious confidence issues, which I completely blame on the family. Poor Cat doesn’t even have any friends.
Thank god for Timmie. I liked him a lot.
I hated Justina Crawfield. I just didn’t like her AT ALL. Hope she come around *I doubt*
A very funny thing happened while reading HTG. I told my friend badsarge via twitter about reading NH book 1. She was very interested so she started it along with me. Now half way through she was talking about Spade and England, I was a bit confused at first, then we finally figure out what was wrong. We started off with two different series. While I was reading Night Huntress Series - Halfway To Grave she read Night Huntress World - A Drop Of Crimson. Had some serious laugh over this.
Frost’s writing was brilliant, she captured the whole supernatural world in a new view and was able to keep me on the edge. The dialogs were snappy, felt very real. Bones and Cat making some steamy scene…. my pants were very uncomfortable. Love a jealous Bones…. Jealous Cat!! hmmmm …well, Bones definitely found that hawt! Dirty mouth Bones! OMG dead!
This is probably one of the most memorable read ever. YOU MUST OWN THIS BOOK.

My rating for this book 




1 comment: