Mar 2, 2012

Kiss Me, I'm Irish read-along: Chapters 1-5

Hosted by Felicia - Geeky Blogger's Book Blog, Amanda - On A Book Bender, Ash - Smash Attack!, Jen - In The Closet With A Bibliophile and Missie - The Unread Reader

Officially started reading the book last night. Hola to all my turtle and rabbit buddies and thank you for joining in Hounded read-along.
Let's start your engines and read, set gooooooo in turtle speed :)
Kevin Hearne had the most perfect beginning for this book:  "There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and formost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius."  If you were to live for centuries what do you think you would be excited to see?
Scratches head... time machine I guess? Yeah, that's probably the one and only thing which can will hold my attention the most, and it's very likely that I might end up hogging that thing for myself. So I can go back in time in case I missed meeting someone.
In the 2nd chapter we learn about the amulet and its protection powers!  Do you think having met the Morrigan and heard about Aenghus Og that it will be enough to protect Atticus?  I mean the Morrigan has a point about hot chicks coming after him and his defenses might be down! He is very male!
I highly doubt that. There won't be any story if he is all safe, right? I have not come to the part where 'he is very male' actually means here. Maybe when I go ahead and read further!
The literary world's coolest dog is introduced in this chapter!  Did you love Oberon immediately?  Show me a picture or describe the type of animal you would love to have as a talking companion! (Cat, Dog, Mouse, Sloth, Horse---what is your pick--pictures please)?
I will be honest, I did not feel anything for Oberon :( I am hoping that might change. I really do.

As for talking companions.. cat, definitely a cat. And has Antonio Banderas's voice :)

In this chapter Flidais asked Atticus what his name is and then precedes to ask if anyone actually believes he is Greek?  He says nobody pays attention to names here.  Do you know what your name means and where it comes from?  Or do you have a name you wish had?  Let's talk names!
My name, Jannat Ara Prangon means the land of heaven. It's a mixture Arabian and Bangla literature. It's a tongue tying name which only a few people can pronounce, and sadly I am not one of them.

Oh yes, I had hit a phase around the time when I was in 6th or 7th grade and I used to doodle my name as Aria. That has been an embarrassing experience, let's not go there O_o
We learn about Atticus' lawyers in this chapter, a rather unique combo!  Without jumping ahead, would you hire a lawyer combination of two supernaturals who on the surface would appear to be natural enemies or at the very least two very Alpha attitudes? What would be the positives and negatives of that decision.
Most definitely. A duo of werewolf and a vampire as lawyers by my side any legal threats that might accrue is sure to get shredded between those two. So there isn't really any negative side of having two supernatural layers by my side ;)

29 comments:

  1. Oh I love the name Aria! I even liked it before Game of Thrones---it is so sweet sounding :)

    I agree that between a werewolf and vampire--no one would mess with you. You never know what the two were capable of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be invincible with a vampire and werewolf as lawyers :D

      Delete
  2. o_o You don't love Oberon!!!!!!! Blasphemous. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty name and name meaning. I look forward to getting to know Oberon a bit more too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am right there with you for Oberon.

      Delete
  4. That is the CUTESSTTT Kitty cat! I LURVE Puss-n-Boots! But I am sad that you don't love Obie...he's adorable! What's not to love??? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't puss adorable with those big eyes, I flail all the time. I am hoping to find some love for Obie -_-

      Delete
  5. Great answers!! Your name is quite beautiful and very unique! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any pet with Antonio Banderas's voice would be WIN! I'd make the little fellow talk to me all the time, just to melt to the accent. LOL

    I hope you change your mind about Oberon, too. He's such a goof. And I like that your name is so unique. The meaning is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe. Antonio Banderas's voice, I would end up swooning over my ct instead of a boy lolol.

      I see the love for Obie, I think my reaction might change about him when I go further!!

      Delete
  7. H five to my turtle buddy, no I have only read through chapter 6 now wait hold up before you get your panties in a bunch! I was not reading ahead of you my turtle friend, I somehow thought we were supposed to read through the sixth chapters. So now I am one ahead. Fear not it won't happen again! What how can you not love Oberon? I want one!
    uhh my dear Atticus is very male because he was ruled by his second head once Morrigan appeared naked before him. Then later he hops in bed with whats her name...He is definitley a boy!
    I love the meaning of your name. Lovely, you really can't pronounce it? Nah your lying to me! Happy Friday so glad you are here reading with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh pfft no worries bb, you go ahead and read :) And that chapters thing happens to me too,, I often think I was suppose to read a little less so I end up reading one chapter less than I should 0_0
      Oh in that case he is definitely very much of a 21 century old boy ;)
      Oh I can pronounce it alright, just not in front of my mother. She says I am suppose to pronounce it with the correct accents ;)
      Happy Friday to you too bb, glad to be reading along with you *turtle hugs*

      Delete
  8. I will fight your ass for the time machine! Although, maybe we can go together! I know there'll be room. Plus, partying with the girls, past or present is more fun than alone. Guys come in groups, right?

    And Atticus IS very male. I mostly blame this on his hormonal issues and being a very horny old Irish male. Which is actually okay with me, I'd take him!

    And, give Oberon time. He'll make you laugh and then you'll want to cuddle him. True story.

    ps. that cat is ADORABLE. I'm a kitty girl myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have so much fun on the time machine Jen. Food, kindle, ipod maybe a wifi connection and then we hop on the time machine to meet.. well anyone really ;)

      I am tempted to get the audiobook now, Maybe the narrator talks in Irish accent as well? That will give me a very picture of Atticus.

      That's what I am thinking Obie needs a bit of a time to let me cuddle him :D

      High five for kitty girls. ^~^

      Delete
    2. I hear the narrator is excellent, but that some of the names fly by because of the Celtic origin. Missie listened to books 2 and 3 that way. They aren't in Irish accents, but HOW EFFING COOL would that be?!

      The perfect thing about time traveling together, we'd get the need to read. Plus, jams! Plus, imagine the people we could meet!

      Delete
    3. That would have been totally uber cool. I love Irish accent ;)

      O o o never leave home without jam.. In my case nutella :D

      Delete
  9. I would totally take that kitty for myself. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I can't believe you didn't immediately love Oberon. I'm guessing you aren't a dog person? Oh I don't think I could do a Antonio kitty. He would get away with entirely too much! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about that, had a very nasty experience with a dog. Not a dog person but I like them from a very far far away distance. Like in books!
      LMAO, yeah come to think of it his one purr will probably make anyone melt ;)

      Delete
  11. Well, now you've brought the Antonio talking kitty into the picture I might change my mind to Donkey out of Shrek - that would be soooo funny!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I can see Donkey walking around and saying 'look at me look at me I am gorgeous' ;)

      Delete
  12. Ahahaha... a kitty with Banderas voice! I guess my horse choice is similar to Donkey. I don't think I could put up with a Donkey personality though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the chances are he will end up annoying you more. lol

      Delete
  13. *gasp* No love for Oberon? Though, I guess if you're a cat person, he'd be a little much, since he's a really doggy dog. Cute kitty gif!

    Hopefully, Oberon will grow on you (have you finished the book yet or read the others in the series? He definitely grows...).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Made me laugh about not pronouncing your own name! Shocked about Oberon, how can you not love him??? Each to their own :o) I loved him from the start but I am a dog lover. A cat with Antonio Banderas's voice would be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I knew about the Arabian part of your name but wouldn't have guessed the Bangla part. And don't feel bad, it took me forever to spell out my name in kindergarten! All thanks to how my dad wanted it to be spelled!

    p.s. Yes, having Puss would be adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete