Feb 3, 2011

Review : Double Cross by Carolyn Crane

Series: The Disillusionists Trilogy #2
Genre : Urban fantasy, Mystery.
Publisher : Spectra
Released : September 28, 2010
Kindle edition. 384 pages

Book Synopses From GoodReads
SOME SECRETS COME BACK TO HAUNT. OTHERS COME TO KILL.

Justine Jones lived her life as a fearful hypochondriac until she was lured into the web of a mysterious mastermind named Packard, who gifts her with extraordinary mental powers—dooming her to fight Midcity’s shadowy war on paranormal crime in order to find the peace she so desperately craves.
But now serial killers with unheard-of skills are terrorizing the most powerful beings in Midcity, including mastermind Packard and his oldest friend and worst enemy, Midcity’s new mayor, who has the ability to bend matter itself to his will. 
As the body count grows, Justine faces a crisis of conscience as she tests the limits of her new powers and faces an impossible choice between two flawed but brilliant men—one on a journey of redemption, the other descending into a pit of moral depravity.

My Thoughts

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?! I knew something big was coming but hale, I did NOT see that one. I seriously didn't.

*deep breath* I am calm....

This is not like the last book at all. There is more power hungry people going around. Secrets are getting revealed. People are not what they seem.
I think Shelby will get dark by the next book, driven by revenge.
Justine..... I hope there is a way to change or cure i don't know what but something that might rescue her from the current state she was left behind in this book.

And now about Team Cucumber...... I sympathetic with him when he came out with the story to Justine, now when I am finally finish with the 2nd book I don't even know how much of truth was in there.

Team Kabob, it's not hard to hate him and then love him at the same time because the hole story is being told from Justine's point of view. I'll leave it at that.

Great story, I just hate the cliffy. And I guess it's only because of the cliffy I'll be waiting for the third book like a hawk.


My rating for this book


No comments:

Post a Comment